AMEFAN; Agricultural Machineries and Equipment Fabricators Association of Nigeria.
We are a body of machinery and equipment fabricators servicing the agricultural, food and biomaterials sectors of the Nigerian economy. Our principal focus is on the development and mass production of mechanization and process technologies. Our members are constantly pre-occupied with the adaptation and indigenization of relevant agro-industrial technologies from all parts of the world.
We collaborate with partners from different complimentary sectors to achieve the following objectives:
- Enhance the development and promotion of high quality, functional and internationally competitive mechanization and agro-industrial equipment.
- Ensure the acquisition of up-to-date fabrication techniques and skills which conform to global best practices.
- Encourage the adherence of members to regulatory directives of relevant organizations and public sector parastatals and agencies, geared towards the improvement of the quality of locally fabricated machineries and equipment, and the enhancement of global competitiveness.
- Canvass support and work towards the effective promotion of locally fabricated machineries and equipment in Nigeria, through annual exhibitions and similar platforms.
Some of our Partners:
- Nigerian Society of Engineers, NSE
- Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi, FIIRO
- Bank of Industry, BOI
- National Centre for Agricultural Mechanization (NCAM)
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, IITA
AMEFAN considers itself as particularly relevant and capable in the area of equipment manufacturing with limited foreign exchange inputs, and for economic diversification through import substitution and export promotion.